9 STEPS TO LAUNCH A SUCCESSFUL BRAND
In the technology and internet age we’re living in, it’s now easier than ever to launch your own brand. With nearly free social media tools like Instagram and Facebook, getting your product or company out into the public is accessible to anyone. However, putting your brand out there with no plan is a surefire way to not succeed. Prosperous brands take careful and smart planning. If you are fretting about launching your brand, have no fear. Here are 9 steps to starting a successful brand.
- Define your business. In your plan, write out exactly what the purpose of your brand is. How is your brand or product helping the world? What issues are you solving? Knowing your brand’s purpose is the first step to everything.
- Know your mission statement. This one goes right with the previous step. The mission statement tells your customers exactly what your brand strives to accomplish. It should be straightforward, yet passionate. Use this to show your customers how much you care about the brand.
- Build a customer profile. Who is your ideal client? What are their demographics? Where do they live, shop and work? Are they married or single? Are they young or old? Distinguishing who your ideal client is will help you reach out to the right demographic and in turn bring your brand more success.
- Find a company name that fits your mission and customer profile. Based on what you’ve decided your brand’s goals and ideal clients to be, pick a name that fits the criteria. If your demographic is a younger audience and your mission statement appeals to this as well, pick a brand name that fits as well.
- Make a logo design and brand guide book. Create a logo to use across the board with your brand. Along with a logo, establish your brand guide book. This will be known as your “brand bible.” Within this guidebook, constitute every stylistic aspect of the brand like: fonts, colors, voice and personality. This book will make sure everyone in the brand is on the same page.
- Do a branded photo shoot. Once you’ve accomplished all of the above, you’re going to need visual content to post on your social media accounts. Photo shoots can establish your brand’s vibe and can also appeal to your ideal client. Set the tone for your brand with this.
- Design a website. Your website is where customers will go to find out what your brand is about. It should not only show your product or service, but also your mission statement, contact information and visuals. People should be able to get all the information they need about your brand from the website.
- Create packaging, postcards and creative materials. With Youtube and Instagram influencers posting brand goodies they get all the time, it’s a no-brainer that your packaging and other creative materials are important. Make sure they correlate with your brand’s voice and personality.
- Launch your brand. You’ve put in what it takes to start a successful brand. Now it’s time to showcase what you’ve surely grown a passion for. Go for it!
With these 9 steps, your brand is sure to succeed. Remember, there is always room for growth within your company. Every couple months, do an overview of your plan. If you reflect on what’s working and what can be improved, your brand is sure to flourish.